What's new

Dish Install do it yourself or proffesional? (1 Viewer)

Dane_D

Grip
Hi all, I am about to purchase a Mits 65819 with a Sony NS700p DVD(Good Choice?), and am considering going all the way by adding the Mits HD tuner with direct TV. I know and understand how to install the round dish and point it at 1 satelite, but how difficult is it realy to install the eliptical dish for HD? I know there are multiple satelites to point to, but is this something I can do myself?

Also any other suggestions on RPTV and DVD combos welcome, I'm new at this...

Thanks....Dane

Les_D

Auditioning
Hey Dane!

Hope you decide to take the plunge! (not off the roof)

If your patiant, I say give it a shot. The setup guide should give you the angle of "Tilt" the dish will need and the Azmith or angle toward the sky. once you have that, directly connect one LNB to the receiver and lock it in on the correct bird. Then move to the cable from the other LNB and tweek it for the next bird.

You may need to switch the LNBs a few times to lock it in. But it's no worse than the first attempt at pointing the original dish.

Hope this helps

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I say have it installed by a pro. Sure, you think you know how, but if you run into to trouble it will ruin your day. So save the frustration and have it done right. It's worth it.

Dane_D

Grip
Thanks for the input, I may try this myself if the weather continues to hold off, otherwise I'll let the pro climb the ladder in the freezing cold.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Do check out the warrenty. Some if not all manufacters void your warrenty without a pro install.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks