What's new

DISH and OTA Distribution (1 Viewer)

AllanN

Supporting Actor
In the near future myself and one of my friends are going to split the rent on a house. Our TV and Satellite inventory is as follows.

47" Panny RPTV
2xComputers with TV tuners.
19" Direct View RF input only.
13" Direct View RF input only.

One dual LMB DirectTV 18" Round dish.
Two DirectTV tuners.

The 47" Panny and both DirectTV tuners allong with the rest of my HT will be in the main living room. Both DirectTV tuners will be hooked up to the panny so we can watch split screen (Steelers and Browns) football. Both Direct TV tuners have two sets of outputs as well as RF outputs. We also plan on installing a external OTA antenna to pick up local stations.

Our two computers with TV tuners will be in our respective bedrooms. The 13" will be in the spare room. The 19" will be in the basement with the pool table. All of the rooms will likely be wired for cable to one junction box.

What we would like to do is somehow take the outputs of the two DirectTV tuners and introduce them into the cable that the OTA antenna runs off of. This way the additional TV's can either tune into the two DirectTV tuners on a specific UHF channel or any of the local OTA channels.

Can something like this be done? Also can it be done on a budget of $200 US?

Any help on how to set this up as well as equipment recommendations would be very helpful.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Get the Sony MRD-D1 from Orbitsat for $90. It comes with two IR emitters for IR control of the sat receivers and one IR target. Get three more IR targets from PE for about $50 each. It's a little more than your budget but it gives you full IR control.
-Robert

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Get the Sony MRD-D1 from Orbitsat for $90. It comes with two IR emitters for IR control of the sat receivers and one IR target. Get three more IR targets from PE for about $50 each. It's a little more than your budget but it gives you full IR control.
Thanks Robert, this is perfect. I though I was going to have to get a mix of UHF Modulators and splitter combiners. I really will not need the IR because the satellite remotes are RF.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks