Dish and DirecTV are one and the same!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Clarno, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Chris Clarno

Chris Clarno Agent

Christian
    It was officially announced that Echostar communications has bought Hughes Electronics! The deal was made after Rupert Murdoch pulled his bid. The benifits to us as consumers are as follows:
    1. Sports packages on DISH & DirecTV
    2. More available bandwidth for New channels, HD offerings and locals to those areas still unserved (Must Carry rules begin next year, this makes the situation a bit easier)
    The deal still needs to be approved by the FTC, but with competition from cable and C/Ku band systems, there shouldn't be much of a problem. What do you folks think about this?
    Regards~
    Christian
    ------------------
    Christian Clarno
    Slightly-Off Productions
    [email protected]
    www.htguy.com (Beta Site)New Site Coming Soon!
    ICQ# 4606136

2. Rob Robinson

Rob Robinson Second Unit

hey chris, not to take a dump in your thread, but there are several of these threads currently posted in this very forum area :/

3. Chris Clarno

Chris Clarno Agent

Christian
    Man, I've been gone too long> My cookies got reset and I only showed topics from the last day. There were no headlines regarding the merger. Guess I need to pay more attention. It's good to be back though. I've really missed this place!

4. Rob Robinson

Rob Robinson Second Unit

cool [​IMG]
    personally, i hope this merger works well. it will be nice to have a unified front for the assault on cable.
    and, if worse comes to worse, i would rather see this type of horizontal consolidation as opposed to a more vertical move with content owners also owning all the pipes.