What's new

Dish 6000 video distribution to extra TV's--method? (1 Viewer)

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Dish 6000 only, and want to distribute the signal to other tv's--I am the only viewer, so I don't need multiple receivers (I'm not distributing the HD signal).

Since it doesn't have a coax output I must use the composite RCA outputs. It'll go to a 27" in the bedroom, and another as yet unpurchased set in the exercise area.

Does anyone have other suggestions?

I'm guessing the longest run might be about 40+ feet. With multiple runs I assume at least something like a one-in, three-out distribution box, maybe amplified.

Problems? I'd use a good cable like Belden 89295 (ok for video signal?)

TIA

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
Gee, 16 people reading this and no replies?

I realized last night that I'd have to run 3 cables--1 video and 2 for sound. Then I had a brainstorm--what I really nead is an RF modulator and then a splitter, I could probably even use a spare VCR.

Then if I want to combine that signal with my basic cable channels, I'd need a diplexer?

Mike_Jensen

Auditioning
I know it's simplistic, but I send the composite into my VCR and then send it's RF up to the 13" in my bedroom (modulated to channel 3 of course).

Not very elegent, but with the RF remote it's passable as a cheap alternative.

Mark_E_Smith

Second Unit
I use a leapfrog over the phone line set up that works great. It even transmits the ir signal back for the remotes. RS sells a version for about $100. I ran a special unconected phone line for it and it really improved the signal. Uses composite V/L/R and a phone jack plus a wall wart for power. There is also a rf box but you dont transmit the ir control signal back to the other room. I found it to be noisy esp when you turned on a microwave :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread