What's new

Dish 6000 & OTA HDTV (1 Viewer)

Greg Foan

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,
I understand that you can receive OTA HDTV through the dish network 6000 series receiver once the appropriate OTA module has been installed. My question is this.....does it require special software/programming to do so?
I'm thinking of purchasing a Bell Expressvu 6000 receiver here in Canada which , as I understand it, is the same equipment the dish network uses. I can't seem to find anyone at Expressvu that understands what I'm talking about....the customer service people keep talking about their 2 1/2 channels of HDTV which they tell me I'll receive with the 6000 (duh....ya think?). Apparently this OTA module is unfamiliar to the people I've been talking with.
Any help offed will be appreciated. We live close to the border and will get 4 HDTV channels in 03/02 or so they say.....

Mike I

Supporting Actor
The software programming for the ota module was part of a software version upgrade down loaded last December..
------------------

GeoffW

Auditioning
The BEV 6000 is not the same as the Dish 6000.You cannot recieve OTA from the BEV 6000, yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks