What's new

Disenchantment - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I binged it with my daughter over the weekend (she loves Futurama so it's right up her alley). It feels a lot more like Futurama than The Simpsons, but the backgrounds are really detailed and gorgeous. Overall recommended for Futurama fans, you really can't go wrong. It also has a very Star vs The Forces of Evil vibe to it as well. My only issue is that a lot of the jokes are repeated too much, something that's especially noticeable when you binge only 10 episodes.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I've been watching this and enjoying it. Like Futurama, I like the many references to other shows, like Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and so on. Hope the show gets a chance to continue.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Just watched episode one of this and laughed the whole way through. I'm all in. Agreed that it has more of a Futurama vibe, but the fantasy world parody makes this feel fresh. Don't think I'll binge it, though...will savor an episode or two per week. Recommended if you like Groening's other shows.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Futurama is one of my all-time favorite shows and one of the great sci-fi series.

But I’m five episodes into Enchantment and it’s flat. The jokes are too few, and not landing. I like the concept and the three main characters. Does it improve by the ending?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Just saw episode 4 and the biggest problem I see is that none of the characters are particularly endearing. I don't really care about any of them.

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes, I don't know why people compare this to Futurama. With Futurama you get compelling characters from the first episode.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Watched Ep 6 and I realized why it’s so lacking: it’s little more than a sequence of jokes about being drunk, interspersed with violence. Futurama was smart, with superbly nerdy sci-fi, and a great ensemble of characters. Disenchanted is drunk, violent Bean and her constantly yelling father.

(Sigh)

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Episode 7, about Elfo’s girlfriend, is where the show pivots. This is the first episode with some emotional depth. Then episodes 8-10 are the actual story of the first season, and are more interesting than everything that preceded.

Based on the conclusion, I’ll check it out if a second season appears. If it can go from there and maybe even improve, it will be a fun little show.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I have only watched about half of the first episode but I like it a lot better than Futurama and the Simpsons. It’s pretty lowbrow humor that works for me, much like Beavis and Butthead did in the 90s. It’s stupid and crude and absurd and that’s what makes it good.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I watched the first 3 episodes when it first started streaming and probably laughed under my breath a few times. Watched the rest of the episodes on vacation when I got sick and again didn’t laugh much during the remainder of he episodes. Recycled Futurama jokes and characters that had very little redeeming value.

I felt the voice acting didn’t fit any of the characters except maybe DiMaggio voicing the King.

I would be hard pressed to continue watching if a second season was produced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks