Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Title: Disenchanted (2022)

Genre: Musical

Director: Adam Shankman

Cast: Amy Adams, James Marsden, Patrick Dempsey, Idina Menzel, Maya Rudolph, Yvette Nicole Brown, Jayma Mays, Kolton Stewart, Oscar Nunez, Gabby Baldacchino

Release: 2022-11-24

Plot: Ten years after her happily ever after, Giselle questions her happiness, inadvertently turning the lives of those in the real world and Andalasia upside down in the process.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Disney has released the new trailer and poster for Disenchanted. The long-awaited (by at least me) Enchanted sequel is being released November 24 on Disney+.

Disenchanted.jpg

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm disappointed to hear that, as I was really looking forward to this. I thought the first film was inventive and was a charming look at Disney having fun with itself. I will still watch this weekend, but preparing for disappointment.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I had heard how good the original movie was but never got around to seeing it until a couple of months ago when I told my boss that I had never seen it and she 'forced' me to finally watch it. I'll get around to the sequel but now, I'm not in a hurry.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Watching it now with my family and I admit a negative review kind of biased me against it before we started. However, the part that turned me off right away was more about how a few of the supporting characters are rather different than what we knew of them from the last film and it's either not explained at all or explained so simplistically that whatever change we are supposed to accept comes off as contrivance for the sake of setting up the new story.

UPDATE: My 8-year old says, "it's better than Enchanted." So maybe guys pushing 50 aren't the target audience. :biggrin:

Last edited:

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Enjoyed the first movie mainly for Amy Adam's performance. Watched this last night. It was pretty terrible. Can't think of any redeeming features other than the baby was cute...and that is grasping at straws.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yeah, very disappointed in this. The first film was so fresh and felt so alive in the real world locations in New York, and this one is the opposite. Generic looking sets, with a by-the-numbers story, and lackluster songs (none of them have the punch of the original), and not even a terribly good performance by Amy Adams, who is usually a delight. Even the cinematography lacked the scope of the original film.

I understand the urge to create something that's different from the original, but throwing out all the things that made the original great is not the way to go. Also, the film never really resolves the first conflict in the movie, which is that Morgan doesn't want to move to the suburbs.

Hey, sometimes I guess you never know. All of those talented people should have, on paper, turned in a great film. But that's not what this is.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had heard how good the original movie was but never got around to seeing it until a couple of months ago when I told my boss that I had never seen it and she 'forced' me to finally watch it. I'll get around to the sequel but now, I'm not in a hurry.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
I had a rather different experience. We saw it at an Academy theater near Hollywood with excellent surround tracks and Amy hosting Q&A after. It's true that lightning doesn't often strike twice, but working with a "streaming" budget requiring second tier animation during a high point in the pandemic creates a labored look that the original did not have to contend with. We actually enjoyed Disenchanted under ideal viewing conditions and to paraphrase a producer in the audience. " How did it make you feel...working on something that makes people smile rather than filling their minds with depression and or fear of annihilation?"

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks