What's new

Discuss "Star by Star", latest "New Jedi Order" book in "Star Wars" universe (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
WARNING! SPOLIERS AHEAD FOR "STAR BY STAR'! DO NOT READ ANY FARTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK!
Well so far the "New Jedi Order" series has been awesome. It started off with the death of Chewbacca and honestly, I didn't expect another major character to die but in the new novel "Star by Star", TWO charcters die!
Anakin Solo's death was the most surprising. Who the hell saw THAT coming????
The New Republic 'Chief of State' Borsk Fey'la dies when Coruscant is conquered by the Vong!
Jaina Solo is leaning towards the dark side and Jacen Solo has been captured by the Vong.
Talk about a DARK book! It's like "Empire Strikes Back" all over again!
Great read though.
------------------
Sign up for a "Return of the Living Dead" special edition DVD at the following URL!
http://members.tripod.com/~evilbaby/ROTLD.html

Frederick

Second Unit
smiley_jawdrop.gif

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, so I haven't gotten to that book yet. I just finished the last one with Mara having the baby, but HOLY CRAP!!!!!! Anakin was becoming one of my favorites. He was really coming into his own with the Force. I had high hopes for his character. Man, this Star Wars series isn't pulling any punches. First Chewie, and now ANAKIN?!?! AND they took Coruscant!?!?! Man, I'm on this book tomorrow :). Thanx, Michael ...
Freddy C.
------------------
" ... Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much ..."
[Edited last by Frederick on November 13, 2001 at 02:44 PM]
[Edited last by Frederick on November 13, 2001 at 02:45 PM]

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
aww man! You weren't supposed to read my post if you have't read the book yet, that's why I had large, bold lettering right at the beginning saying "spoilers!".

Frederick

Second Unit
I know, I know ... but do you know how tempting something with "Spoiler" in the title is to read? I couldn't resist :) ... at least I now know this book is a must-buy. I've been reading Star Wars books since the first one, and this series with the Vong makes the Empire look like Bantha poodoo. I thought Chewie was going to be the only one that was taken out among the main characters. Taking out Anakin is a major blow, especially since Han's just now getting back to his old self. This is going to change some things. I feel a new Dark Order coming ...
Freddy C.
------------------
" ... Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much ..."

PhilipW

Second Unit
I read the book and I'm not 100% convinced that Anakin is dead. He's surrounded by a Vong "casket" but he was obviously found by Vergere? and her alliances aren't 100% Vong. I don't know how it will work out but I wouldn't write Anakin off too soon.
------------------

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Kyp is still alive and taking orders from Luke finally.
As for Anakin's fate....until he mysteriously comes back to life, the boy's dead. Everything else is an assumption.
and what is up with Vergere? She made sure Jacen was captured by the Vong...

PhilipW

Second Unit
About Vergere...
My theory is that she thinks she can sacrifice whoever she needs to keep her in the good graces of the Vong, while working against them possibly until the "supreme commander" arrives in the galaxy. So far we haven't seen her work against them except with saving Mara and possibly Anakin if that is what she did. We already know she saves Jacen, however, that may not be what he would've liked to happen. She also saved that planet in the book Rogue Planet.
------------------

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Well, I finished the book tonight and I have mixed feelings. I thought that it was very good. I was really happy to see the New Republic finally starting to win some battles. Then it all went to hell. Anakin dead, Coruscant invaded, Jacen captured and Jaina teetering on the brink of the dark side. As for Fey'la I could care less. I never liked him.

I've read all the books and anxiously await the next. I like the series. I'm just a bit sick of the Vong always winning. I don't want them to all of a sudden get their asses kicked but I do wish for some balance. I thought that I was getting that until the end of Star by Star.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the book. I just wish the New Republic would start to get the upper hand, at least for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks