What's new

Discrete codes for TiVo, H/K... ? (1 Viewer)

aaron.r

Grip
Just got the Home Theater Master MX700 remote, and it is absolutely fantastic! (returned my Sony AVR-3000 after one-too-many lock-ups... )
My questions are:
Does anyone have a discrete code for a 30-second advance for a Hughes HDVR2 DirecTV/TiVo hard-disk satellite reciever (similar to the button provided on Dish Network PVR receivers... ) ?
Also, anyone have a discrete code for jumping straight to any disc (1 through 5) on the 5-disc carousel of the Harmon Kardon DVD50 ?

Thanks - and anyone interested, I'd be happy to elaborate on why I think so highly of the HTM remote.

- aaron

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
aaron: Have you looked at the Pronto file database over at remotecentral.com? This would be the best chance for your desired codes. (It's late and I haven't looked for any of them for you...sorry!)

The latest version of the 700's program, MX-Editor, can take Pronto .ccf commands and import them into a device on the 700. You want to use the Universal Browser icon on the MX-Editor's menu bar.

There is also an HTM forum @ remotecentral.com if you need any help in getting things to work using the Universal Browser.

Hope this helps!

aaron.r

Grip
Thanks Chuck,
I found a crack to toggle the OEM TiVo remote between skip-to-end, and 30-second skip. In case anyone is interested, press: SELECT | PLAY | SELECT | 3 | 0 | SELECT
To switch back, just repeat the sequence. Worked like a charm for me...
As for the H/K DVD50, I haven't been able to find anything in the database - possibly because a code doesn't exist! If anyone finds anything on it, please advise.

- aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks