What's new

Discovery Channel's "A Haunting" on DVD? (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I've recently discovered this really spooky and creepy show on Discovery channel and was hoping to find it on DVD but I'm confused as to what's available.

According to Discovery's website there are what seems to be six DVDs each containing only one episode (???!!) each.

On BestBuy.com it shows that Seasons 1 and 2 are going to be released on Sept 4, 2007.

Does anyone have any info about this series being on DVD?

lost124

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew
I'd like to know too. I know that the individual episodes on Discovery.com are exclusive to the discovery store and are only episodes from Season 1.

Now, with the Season 1 and 2 DVD set, there's not much info anywhere. It's supposedly coming out next Tuesday, September 4. (Yet some sites list it coming out Sept 25.) No details or cover art have been revealed about the set. I can't find anything....

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
A couple days ago Best Buy.com put up the cover art...

Pretty creepy!

I also went in to Best Buy today and they said that it was back-ordered, which is what the site also says, but he told me to check back next week.

lost124

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew
Apparently, there is one major problem with this set: The Narration was left out completely. I haven't gotten it yet, but many people who have said that there is no narration at all. Nobody knows whether this was a mistake and it's been recalled, or if it was intentional. If it was intentional, it was a really bad idea.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I hope that gets fixed!! Part of the creepiness of the series is the narrarator's creepy voice...

lost124

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew
Posted on Amazon:
If you have one of the defective ones, you can send it back and they'll send you one of the new ones.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
That show is so bogus, even the suppossedly 'real people' talking about their experiences, come across as phonies. They probably are actors too. The whole thing reeks of a scam, IMHO.

lost124

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew
I got my copy today, and it was one without the narration. If you get one like that, just call Timeless Media Group, and they'll send you one of the fixed ones. You don't even have to send the bad one back.

Other than the narration issue, the set is pretty good. It's three discs that each come in their own plastic box, with 5 or 6 episodes per disc. (There are 16 episodes total from Seasons 1 and 2)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
You can get the two pilot movies of A Haunting on DeepDiscountDVD.com:

A Haunting in Connecticut

&

A Haunting in Georgia.

Over here in the UK "A Haunting" is being shown on Discovery and Discovery Science at the moment. They're showing the fourth season I think.

FrankPitt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frank
"A Haunting in Connecticut" scared me so much that I still haven't worked up the nerve to watch the DVD. It's been sitting a shelf, untouched, for months. I'm okay with the rest of the series, though. Sometimes it's creepy, sometimes it's trying to hard...but that first movie...jeepers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks