What's new

Discount Home Video - From the Folks Behind the Twilight Time Online Store (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I wonder how these guys got access to the TT mailing list? I thought Screen Archives bought all the TT assets?
From what I understand, SAE purchased the TT brand and remaining inventory, but the website itself was not part of the transaction, as that was a separate company. That company that operated twilighttimemovies.com probably always owned the website itself and the mailing list.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Hell, I labeled that email spam. I'll let others be the guinea pig for this site.
I get the following message from Norton when i shop around the website. Maybe because it's a new site?

Scam Insight: Personal Information Risk
This site is safe, but…
It asks for personal information and is not well established with the Norton Community. Use caution when entering any of your information on this site.

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I find it all to be kind of creepy that our email addresses were opportunistically tapped into by a group that Twilight Time had allegedly entrusted.

As it is, SAE and ClassicFlix were the only two groups that TT officially left behind with a bonafide seal of approval.

This feels like a watch and wait deal.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I find it all to be kind of creepy that our email addresses were opportunistically tapped into by a group that Twilight Time had allegedly entrusted.

As it is, SAE and ClassicFlix were the only two groups that TT officially left behind with a bonafide seal of approval.

You forgot about Flicker Alley ;). I was hoping they would have agreements with ClassicFlix and Flicker Alley to still sell their items at a small discount as TT had done (and offered sales specifically for CF titles) I suspect there may have been a non-compete clause with SAE that prevented that.

• Insightful
Reactions: PMF

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
They have Gone With the Wind. I’m tempted to buy that one on the site.
I've seen it in stock and cheaper at other places (BestBuy Wal*Mart and DeepDiscount)

This is a bit harder to get at Amazon but it's distributed by Warner ...
EDIT: I Just checked and on the site it's listed as $8.95 ...
1604546230581.png

until you click on the item and then it goes to $19.99

1604546289257.png

Last edited:

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
If they're active in getting overstocked rarities--from an enthusiasts' point of view rather than a Dollar General's--I'd actually look this one up once in a while.
I browsed through the TV-boxset catalog hoping to find a few OOP goodies, and while there weren't, it's definitely the kind of back-shelf I'd search.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time

SAE purchased their existing inventory from us to sell as they see fit. While we admire the work they are doing to release great titles, Twilight Time (the label) never had an official relationship with ClassicFlix. CF did have a relationship with Cinemagistics, the 3 person company who ran the Twilight Time Movies store for us. When the announcement was made that we were shutting down, Cinemagistics received our blessing to take on a new partner, revamp and relaunch the store, independent of Twilight Time. They are a great group of people and we wish them well on their new venture.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
SAE purchased their existing inventory from us to sell as they see fit. While we admire the work they are doing to release great titles, Twilight Time (the label) never had an official relationship with ClassicFlix. CF did have a relationship with Cinemagistics, the 3 person company who ran the Twilight Time Movies store for us. When the announcement was made that we were shutting down, Cinemagistics received our blessing to take on a new partner, revamp and relaunch the store, independent of Twilight Time. They are a great group of people and we wish them well on their new venture.
Wonderful news and wonderful to hear from the Twilight Time Insider, again. Indeed, it feels like old times..:)

And with that, another venture into physical media begins. Welcome, welcome to Discount Home Video.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Does anyone know what Discount Home Video charges for shipping?
By their web site, it depends on which speed option you choose (they have 3), and the weight of your items. They do not appear to offer any free shipping option at this time.

• Insightful
Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks