1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Disc Error on the Fantasia 2000 dvd

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kenneth Cummings, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

When I was watching my recently bought DVD of Fantasia 2000(got it in the Fantasia Anthology box), it was working fine, until I got to chapter 9, the introduction of "Carnival of the Animals", by the great James Earl Jones.
    When it reach that point, it just said error(like when you hit a button durning a FBI message on the begining), and just stop playing. I try to enter the chapter again, but same thing happen. I hit chapter 10, and it skips to chapter 12, which I must hit backwards to get to chapter 11 and use the slow backwards speed to watch the Carnival. But still, it might be my Playstation 2, but did anyone else had this problem on this disc, or is my bad? I got it at Wal-Mart incase you need to know.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Support the DVD release of the Disney Afternoon for her.

2. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Lead Actor
    Supporter

I rented this disc and it played on my Toshiba SD3109 with out any problems that I can remember. I bought a copy of "Enemy of the State" and on my player it would freeze at one particular spot. I would have to slow forward until I got past it and then it would play. At another point it would skip and then start playing the french version with subtitling. I thought the disc was bad but it turned out to be a firmware problem. Your disc could be bad but it sounds more like a player firmware problem. If you have access to another player or PS2 try it out; if it does the same thing at the same point then you could be reasonably sure that the disc was bad. Hope this helps.
    ------------------

3. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    Try cleaning the disc. I sometimes have problems like you describe, and cleaning usually fixes it.

4. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

Well I try cleaning it, but no such luck. Unless my brother notices it plays on the other DVD player when he comes home, I'm going to take it back to Wal-Mart and get another copy. And if there no more, then I just get something else.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Support the DVD release of the Disney Afternoon for her.

5. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

I get the exact same problem on my "Princess Mononoke" disc. It stops when it gets to chapter 15 (maybe 16, I can't remember). I'm pretty sure there is a layer change at that point and that that's the problem (you can see the disc pause slightly on my dad's player). It doesn't have any problems with any other discs that I've tried though.