What's new

Disappointing news w/TVonDVD front (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
For most shows, going back to the negative and recreating the editing shouldn't be to hard, but any show with visual effects pretty much won't be doable. This isn't just sci-fi and fantasy. Home Improvement's scene transitions would be a real pain in the ass to recreate, for instance.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I think the worst news on the TV on DVD front this year has to be the indefinite delay or cancellation of La Femme Nikita - Season 2. While I was able to obtain a copy at a much inflated price from ebay, it does not bode well for the rest of the series being released.

Mark To

Supporting Actor

Me = Baby Boomer
No wife, no kids, house paid off, retirement money already put away. Nothing to do with my money but spend it on my hobbies and things I enjoy. Also know many others in my age bracket who are either still single or married without kids and they have tons of disposable income.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I am hoping that Paramount will release Bosom Buddies based on Hanks popularity. The show is still funny.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Me too but I think Tom Hanks is trying to destroy all evidence that the series existed, I heard him say that on a talk show somewhere.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Dan,

Home Improvement was shot on tape. I'm talking about shows photographed on film but finished on tape like a lot of shows starting in 1986. With shows that premiered before then done entirely on film before that, the switch is obvious. Titles and transitions that look like they were done on tape give it away. God only knows if the negative was ever conformed to the tape edits on some of them.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Dan,

Home Improvement was shot on tape. I'm talking about shows photographed on film but finished on tape like a lot of shows starting in 1986. With shows that premiered before then done entirely on film before that, the switch is obvious. Titles and transitions that look like they were done on tape give it away. God only knows if the picture negative and sound track were ever conformed to the tape edits on some of them.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

I think Hanks was just joking, as he often does in talk shows. He's said elsewhere that he thinks "Bosom Buddies" was really good (which it was); he hired the director of Bosom Buddies, Joel Zwick, to direct "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" (which he and his wife produced); he made a guest appearance on a show created by the Bosom Buddies creator, Chris Thompson (who also created the short-lived "Action").

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Well, if you are asking for my personal favorites (which can and will be different from what I'd say should be the next logical choices based on overall popularity), then I'd say:

The Harlem Globetrotters (the original series)
SpaceGhost
The Herculoids
Shazzan
Abbott & Costello
More Flintstones (they can't get this series out quick enough for me)
Gulliver
All Banana Split series
Hong Kong Phooey
Godzilla

Those are my personal favorites from the HB stable. But I don't believe most of them deserve a release before JOSIE or WACKY RACES. However, I do think it would have made more sense for a few shows to be released before those two. Those would be:

Space Ghost
Fantastic Four
New Scooby Doo Movies
Speed Buggy
Godzilla

I believe all of these series could and would be slightly more logical choices, for various reasons.

Gary "don't get me wrong, I'm happy for any HB classic cartoon releases, I just didn't think JOSIE, and especially WACKY RACES, were that high up on the release priority list" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks