What's new

Disappointed in WWE Wrestlemania Anthology (1 Viewer)

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
I'd like to know if the new WWE scratch logo is on the DVD, too, Steve.

If they used the same masters that the PAL 2-packs did, they shouldn't have logos on them.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

LOL! It's number one on Hell's Hit Parade, didn't you know?

I was actually wondering the same thing, who the hell do these people think they are? The intro music has no appeal, other than on a release like this. Just to get a cheque from it should be good enough for these people. It's not like having this music on a DVD is killing Jimmy Harts solo career. Let's face it, if not for Jesse Ventura becoming governor, no one would even wonder where he is. It just kills me that greed well cause them to piss all over these releases.

Okay, I'm done! LOL;)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Since I can't really afford the DVDs I probably will try to find the old wrestlemanias on vhs somewhere. Although I doubt I'd have much luck.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
OK! ONCE AGAIN, let me say this...

The original VHS and rerelease Legacy versions of Wrestle
Mania were ALL heavily edited from their original Pay-Per-
View / Closed Circuit broadcast masters. These DVD's restore
these events to their original glory! I've gone through the
first twelve so far, and the only items CUT are:
1) Some music theme songs due to the well talked about
rights issues
2) Piper's Pit segment on WrestleMania V is cut down, which
is a BIG plus to me since I hated the whole affair.
3) Salt-n-Peppa's HORRIBLE song for "L.T." is cut from
WrestleMania XI, which is worth paying $151 bucks NOT TO
SEE!!!
Also, all the "Coliseum Home Video Exclusives" aren't
included, but once again they weren't apart of the original
shows to start with...so no big deal! Although, I did enjoy
Bobby Heenan's backstage silly ness on WrestleMania IV.

Now, ALL THE MATCHES ARE SHOWN WITHOUT ANY EDITS! This
should be an EASY decision for people who have the money
to drop on something like this! I don't understand people
making really dumb remarks about not buying this set
and keeping the unedited VHS
versions, when they've got hundreds of little cuts all over
the place! You can keep your original VHS versions, as
I'm doing, but please get this set as well!!!!

P.S. - Why in the WORLD did Bret Hart put the Hart
Foundation Vs. Nasty Boyz match from WrestleMania VII on his
DVD, when everyone knew this WrestleMania Anthology would
be released at the same time as his DVD!!!!!! Bret Hart
should've included the Hart Foundation Vs. Arn Anderson &
Tully Blanchard match from SummerSlam '89 on his DVD, which
is WAY, WAY, WAY BETTER than that WrestleMania VII bout.
Anyway, it just really, really UPSET me!!!!!!!!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I don't have a problem with that. I'm sure there are plenty of people who will pay ~$20 for his release, but can't afford the much-higher priced WrestleMania Anthology. Sure, as someone who bought WrestleMania volumes 1 & 2, I would have liked to have seen a different match instead of that one, but again I can't fault him for it given that many people will pass on the WM sets due to price.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Thanks Patrick for your analysis...

I think the reason Bret picked it over the other was because he liked it more. Supposedly, the matches on Bret's DVD were 100% picked by him, so who are we to judge? It's just too bad about that iron man match taking up to much time! Although he was robbed anyways, :)

I bought the set through DDD, it's going to take me quite a while to get through it, but I am open for the challenge!

Here's hoping for some WCW sets, although I am not holding my breath.

Ryan is a DIE HARD BRET HART FAN!

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
I'm very happy to own these sets - I bought the first 2 volumes. The cut music (especially Demolition) is a little irritating but not to the point that I'd rather hunt down (or keep) the VHS versions. The majority of the theme songs are there and intact.

As for the picture quality, I have no problems whatsoever with them. You have to remember, you're talking about an event that dates back to '85 so they're not going to look as good as some of the WWE's current releases. That said however, I think the current Anthology releases (at least the first 2 volumes) look much better than "VHS transfers". Very clear & sharp given their age. Audio was even better.

I think most people's complaints stem from expectations that from a WWE standpoint (music/logos) just wasn't realistic. I think the WWE probably did the best they could with what they had and I'm very glad to own them. Now just release the Summerslam, Royal Rumble and Survivor Series and I'd be a happy camper! :)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I just got volume 1 (the only one I'm interested in), and while I haven't watched it yet, the upside-down spine really bugs me. It seems really careless. It'll look silly on my shelf.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Some would call it greedy, others would call it getting what you legally deserve as determined by a court of law. Its not that he said to them, give me royalties or you can't use my commentary, there was a dispute between McMahon and Jesse over this that went to court and the court ruled in favor of Jesse. Since the court ruled that he was in fact entitled to royalties off of things like this, I see no good reason why he shouldn't get them.

As for the set, I'm not going to buy it. I sold off most of my wrestling DVDs in the past month accept for TNA. I would like to see some of the old Manias again, but I'm in no hurry. However, should they release a survivor series set, then that would be a different story.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I really want to the first two sets but for some reason, I can only find the huge Anthology box in stores. I'm not a wrestling fan, just a nostalgic one and do now want to spend all that money for the recent later-90's and millenium era Wrestlemanias. I just want the old school matches. Why aren't these more widely available? Also, how much do the indvidual 4-disc sets retail?

Thnx!

FrankHW

Agent
It's funny...I've been a huge fan for 20-something years, but I just can't see laying out the cash for these sets. A majority of the best matches are available on far better DVD sets, and the wheat:chaff ratio for most 'Mania's is terrible (can you say WM9?)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Marco -

I can not find any versions of the Wrestlemania - Anthology Set anywhere locally. I would expect the singles, but not the big set (which I own) - not no such luck. Apparently the set is a very limited release. You can order through www.wweshop.com or DDD.com which has the individual sets going for $37.78 and the big set for a big $178 or so. OUCH.

-

Does anyone know if there were any wrestling Laserdiscs or even BETA released ever? I'd be interested in knowing, even No Holds Barred. :)

-

Survivor Series, I miss the original series were every match was an 8 man contest. :frowning: Let's hope for some other sets!!!

Ryan

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

I hear that. They were fun as hell to watch as a kid. They even had cheesy team names as I recall. The Hulkamaniacs vs. The Million Dollar Dream or something like that. lol. I just remember watching them all when I was around 8 or so. I'd love to see a release of all of the SS events, especially the early ones.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
"Bad Guys" (Razor Ramon, 1-2-3-Kid, British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith, Head Shrinkers (Seone, Fatu)) def. Teamsters (Shawn Michaels, Diesel, Jeff Jarrett, Owen Hart, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart)

Million $ Team (Tatanka, King Kong, Bam Bam, Heavenly Bodies (Pritchard, DelRey)) def. Guts & Glory (Lex Luger, Adam Bomb, Mabel, Smoking Gunns (Bart & Billy))

HA HA!!!

Direct link to one my favorite Survivor Series

I am a bit skeptical as to whether or not an anthology of anything but Wrestlemania would sell well or if WWE even would consider it. There would be a certain sale in me... ;)

Ryan

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Could anyone list everything that was added on and edited off the PPVs of Wrestlemania 1-13 of the Collisum Video versions?

Also, list any music that was edited on the Colliseum Video versions, and any matches that is missing. Any matches that are clipped or edited, you don't have to list that.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator

Well I have watched Wrestlemania 1-9 from my DVD box set this weekend & I noticed the following music edits. I have the original Colosseum VHS tapes from 1 to 10

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat's music has been edited & replaced to generic music (but I liked it as I thought it sounded real cool) from Wrestlemania 2-5.

The Orient Express music has been edited & replaced to generic music from Wrestlemania 6.

The Big Boss Man's Hard Times music has been edited & replaced with the music he had when he returned to the WWE in the late 90's and was a heel (black SWAT suit)

Dusty Rhodes American Dream music has been edited to generic music in Wrestlemania 6.

Demolition music has been edited & replaced to generic music in Wrestlemania 4-7.

EVERY WWF reference made by the commentators has been edited as the F portion was muted although the orignial logo & World Wrestling Federation comments were intact.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I just ordered volume 1 which has wrestlemanias 1-5 , are all of these on double sided discs, or I assume wrestlemania 1 and 2 are short enough to be on 1 side ?

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
The Royal Rumble set has the colossseum home video excusive interviews so I wonder why the mania doesn't.

Also the rumbles set *DO* have the songs that Jimmy Hart composed. It pisses me off that they released the Mania's before they got the deal with Jimmy, now I'm holding off the mania's for fear that they'll actually release it again with the correct music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks