1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Disabling SVM on Toshiba 27A42

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TonyE, Feb 17, 2003.

1. TonyE

TonyE Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering how to disable the SVM from the service menu. I know the code to get in the menu but have no clue what the abbreviations mean. This TV does not have a Movie mode so i can't turn it off. It uses the same service codes as the flat screens do (ie. 27AF42). I was thinking that the service menu abbreviations would be the same as those of the 27AF42 and others like it. THANKS!

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Tony,

I have the 27AF42 but have not found any listing for the VSM in the Service Menu, unlike the JVC's I trialed which did have an SM toggle for the sets which had the feature. It seems Tosh takes a different approach to these things. Sorry. Are you sure the 'A's have VSM? I never checked it out on the boxes at Best Buy.

3. BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney Second Unit

If a set had it(mine is 32zd16g), would it say in the manual or anything?

4. TonyE

TonyE Stunt Coordinator

Toshiba's Webpage for the 27A42

According to Toshiba's webpage it has "Advanced Velocity Scan Modulation improves contrast and overall picture sharpness"

So i'm assuming it does...

There must be a service option for it, alot of other Toshiba's that had VSM did.

Anyone have any luck?