What's new

disabling my notebook's touchpad... (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -

i *never* use the touchpad. i have a portable mouse i use instead. the problem is that sometimes when i'm typing, my hand touches the mousepad and moves my cursor -- drives me crazy!

so i want to disable the touchpad in some way. i checked the device manager in the mouse section, but i can't find any driver specific to the touchpad. if i disable the listed driver, then my mouse won't work.

also, this is my work pc, so i do not want to take it apart.

any other ideas?

ted

ps, i have a compaq nc6000

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Been there, done that! What a pain in the ass!

Go into your BIOS and set the mouse to be serial only. Pointing stick and pad are disabled, but like you said, #####. :D

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Some Compaq computers allow you set the properties of the mouse devices. See if you can check into Control Panel, Mouse, and see if there is an enable/disable box for the touch panel and pointing stick.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
thx all. there's definitely no setting in the control panel - at least not that i could find. i didn't think about doing it from the bios...i'll look into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks