What's new

Disable red push on XBR400 (1 Viewer)

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I read all I could find about disabling red push on Sony WEGA TVs. I have successfully done that on a friend's FS12. However I can't find the AXPL setting in the service menu of my XBR400 — does anybody know what the setting is?

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
AXIS ...
Regards
------------------
fp.jpg

Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Check out the Link Removed for a comprehensive list of variables and their meanings as well as getting into and operating in service mode. I used AXPL on FS12 although it seems you can use AXIS as well.

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
That page seems somewhat dated, and doesn't differentiate between any particular models, and as you say, there are differences.
Also, the page is ambiguous - in some cases, it just gives variables and then a number, without specifying whether the number is the new setting or the old, and what the setting is going to, in terms of the picture.
It would have to be fleshed out a bit, before I could go into the Service Mode based on that.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Ken,
the biggest mistake you can make is to mistake me for an expert :)
I agree, it does seem dated, so all I can tell you is exactly what I did: I went into the service mode, scrolled to AXPL and changed the value from the factory default to the other one (it's 0 and 1, so it's easy) all the while having the VE color pattern on the screen. The result was a bit lesser degree of red intensity and after that I ran the VE calibration again. I still couldn't achieve the perfect blend on the color setup but it was somewhat closer to the intended one. All I can suggest for you is to play with both AXIS and AXPL variables while using the VE blue filter and see what gives you the best picture.
--Dmitry

Users who are viewing this thread