Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, new release question

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Gary W. Graley, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley Second Unit

I see at Wally world they have a new release Dirty Rotten Scoundrels that contains a Making of Featurette, how is the transfer on this compared to the older release and how is the Featurette? I get tired of replacing movies that I already have, though this one may be a no brainer...help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    G2

2. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Screenwriter

Craig Beam
    I don't have the old edition to do a direct comparison, but I hazily recall the earlier release being a laserdisc warmover, whereas the newer edition sports a new anamorphic transfer. Since it can be had so cheap, I'd say it's definitely worth the upgrade if you're a fan of the film. It also features a commentary by director Frank Oz... a touch o' icing on the cake.

3. Joe Kamsan

Joe Kamsan Stunt Coordinator

The transfer is decent, the featurette is a short promo piece that you will watch once. The Frank Oz commentary is a nice bonus, though.

4. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley Second Unit

Well that cinches it, I'll be picking it up probably tomorrow, it's just when you have one and another pops out...not that my collection is large by most guys around here, but according to my wife? wow I'm a crazy loon...[​IMG] Right now it's at 296, I'll pass my old copy along to a friend at work most likely...
    Thanks for the responses guys!
    G2

5. Philip Verdieck

Philip Verdieck Second Unit

Does it have the little trailer/promo that wasn't in the movie, the one with the two of them walking along the pier/waterside and Steve pushes some old lady into the water?

6. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor