What's new

Dirty Dozen R2 (1 Viewer)

Mikko Rasinkangas

Stunt Coordinator
Found this page about aspect ratios that has an identical screenshot of "Dity Dozen". The page is dated 1998. [Edit: Just noticed that it contains a lot more information at the top and the bottom. So it's not identical... Was comparing the left and right when I first encountered it.]

http://www.dvdaust.com/aspect.htm

And from http://www.in70mm.com/news/2004/revo...evolution.htm:

"In 1967 MGM Laboratories successfully made 70mm prints from the spherical negative of "The Dirty Dozen". The blowup was to the full 2.2:1 70mm AR and while composition did not suffer too much as the film had been shot and protected for 1.85:1 (and the negative hard matted for 1.75:1), the additional graininess and image softness was noticeable but not as objectionable"

Could someone provide us a screenshot of the main title of the R1 version? Screenshot of something that doesn't have a title card would be nice too... Jerome could then grab the same image from the R2 version...

I would also like to see a screenshot of the burned-in-subtitles, which according to MarK Anthony are slightly cropped in the R2 disc.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I found this region 1 capture:

I also found this:

www.dvdaust.com/film_formats.htm

The framing here contains more information than Jerome's region 2 screenshot.

Dirty Dozen has long been regarded as a widescreen enigma in my brain and I have always wanted to get some definitive clarification regarding the intended aspect ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks