1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Dirty disk error

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DavidAM, Nov 8, 2002.

1. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I have an xbox. I also just bought the SegaGT/JSRF combo game. The game was new and sealed, I opened it, clicked on SegaGT and got the dirty disk error. This is with a new cd. Now, I can play JSRF all I want and it works perfect, but it refuses to load Sega GT. Is there any way to get this to load? The disk is totally clean. I understand a dirty disk error once in a while, but not to the point that it will never load a game. Is there anything I can do?

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

The disc probably has a film on it from the manufacturing process. This happens occasionally with DVDs. You could try carefully cleaning it or using the boiling method discussed in another thread. That or exchange it as a defective disc.

3. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

There are many threads on this topic. The search function should yield some things to try.

-Dave

4. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I did try the boiling trick last night before I posted this question, but that did not work. Its just weird because its 2 games on 1 disk and one loads and plays fine, but the other gets the error message during its initial loading phase. I can't try the deleting the info trick because I haven't saved any info for this game. I was just wondering if anyone had any other tricks/advice.