"Dirty Deeds" (2005) DVD Info?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Scott Temple, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Scott Temple

Scott Temple Supporting Actor

First of all, I'm interested in this film and its DVD for two reasons.

1. It's a teen high school comedy and I'm a sucker for those kinds of films.

2. Lacey Chabert is in it.

I didn't get to see Dirty Deeds in the theater and apparently most everyone else didn't either. It opened in a very limited number of theaters in Southern California on August 26th and followed with just a few more cities on October 7th, despite saying that it was opening nationwide. It got horrid reviews and bombed at the box office, but that doesn't discourage me. It got a horrid theatrical showing. How did they expect it to make money? Had it opened nationwide on two or three thousand screens it probably would have been a hit, or at least made a respectable profit. Anyway, there are supposed to be two DVDs released. The PG-13 theatrical cut and an unrated cut with more footage. The new Freestyle Releasing Entertainment DVD label (under the Visual Entertainment Studio) is putting out the DVD. Amazon.com has two pre-order DVD listings for the film. One has a release date of January 10th (PG-13) while the other has a release date of December 20th (no rating specified). I'm not sure what to make of that. DVD Empire doesn't even have it listed for pre-order. Hopefully, as the weeks go by more info will surface as I definitely want to purchase the Unrated DVD. The only cover art I've found is this.

[​IMG]

I don't know if that's legit or not. I haven't heard anything regarding DVD specs (transfer and extras). If any of you guys and gals find any info please post it. Thanks.

http://www.dirtydeedsthemovie.net/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407732/

2. Scott Temple

Scott Temple Supporting Actor

Jon Land, the screenwriter of Dirty Deeds, posted a message over at the IMDb message board and left his email address. I emailed him with some questions regarding the DVD and received a very helpful reply. Mr. Land's comments are in bold.

Dear Scott:

Thanks for your note and your interest in the DIRTY DEEDS DVD. Let me try and answer your questions/concerns:

Mr. Land, can you tell me when the "Unrated" Dirty Deeds DVD is being released? The official ship, release date is January 10, which means if you preorder you would have it by the end of that week.

Mr. Land, is there a website with information on the DVD? I'm having a very difficult time finding any information on it. We are in the process of updating the current Website and the new version should be up shortly with links to order the unrated version. www.dirtydeedsthemovie.net is the web address. Or try Amazon or similar sites after December 12

What types of extras are going to be on the Unrated disc? A few scenes that were cut for content to get us our PG-13 rating (The third deed bread scene, for example, restored in its entirety.). Also a number of scenes featuring sexual situations and nudity that were shot specifically for the DVD. We also have footage from premier parties and interviews with the principles, including me!

How much longer is the Unrated cut? Only a couple minutes of content but considerably more than that if you watch the Special Features and Outtakes.

What are the extra scenes? See above.

Will the film be presented in a 16x9 enhanced (anamorphic) widescreen ratio? Good question and I think the answer is, yes, but I'm not sure.

Any other questions, feel free to contact me anytime. In the meantime, keep spreading the word!

Jon Land

[​IMG]