What's new

Dirty Dancing Ultimate Edition (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Damn, and I just bought the current release just last week. With so many multiple releases of the same movie, how is one supposed to keep up?? Especially when I can't afford hundreds of dollars worth of DVDs. In honesty, I don't know how they can improve upon the current release. With the live 1988 "Dirty Dancing: Live In Concert" special, as well as a "making-of" featurette and three music videos, in addition to a great widescreen transfer, I have a feeling I may be perfectly content with the version I already own.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Ok, I stand corrected. I wasn't aware that the film wasn't anamorphic. I don't own a 16x9 set, therefore I just assumed as much. That being said, I guess I will pick up the new version upon release. With two disks, it'll be interesting to see what else they threw in for supplemental material. I'm hoping they keep the "Live In Concert" special. I found it to rather entertaining, especially the performance by The Contours.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I didn't see this coming, let me tell ya, imagine Artisan releasing a so-called Ultimate Edition to coincide with a lucrative cash cow sequel. Prediction for Summer 2004...THE PUNISHER: ULTIMATE EDITION.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I will still keep the old version, because im willing to bet the new version, will not have that excellent 80s concert on it anymore!:)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
There is a trailer for this DVD, plus the new movie on the free Best Buy Coming Attractions DVD. The new movie only looks so-so.

Chris

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I just checked out Bill Hunt's column on The Digital Bits a few minutes ago, and it looks like, based on what he's stated, that we will be seeing yet another re-release from Artisan, this time on Dirty Dancing: Ultimate Edition.

Doesn't that make three times this film has been on DVD? I'm thinking it may be, but I could be mistaken.

And please, I'm praying that there's no metal tin cover involved like T2 UE! :D

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I just checked out Bill Hunt's column on The Digital Bits a few minutes ago, and it looks like, based on what he's stated, that we will be seeing yet another re-release from Artisan, this time on Dirty Dancing: Ultimate Edition.
That's what my pictures are of.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Did you even read this thread??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks