What's new

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Second Series) (1 Viewer)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Is no one else watching this masterpiece? I find it fascinating!
The performances are exquisite, the dialog is perfect, the pace is incredible.
And the PLOT! Oh my God the plot!!!

Now if I could just figure out WHAT THE FUNK IS HAPPENING!!!!!

(Just kidding. I LOVE this!!!)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this has been great. Max Landis' Vlogs are very interesting and they do provide some clues of things in the episode that you might have overlooked.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
And all 4 episodes are available on the BBCA site for binging if needed.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Three episodes behind, all on he DVR. I love this show. Hard to even describe it's just so different.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Three episodes behind, all on he DVR. I love this show. Hard to even describe it's just so different.
Max Landis really seems to be channeling Douglas Adams. The show just feels right even though it is so different.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
One interesting thing in the latest vlog by Max Landis is that each episode this season has parallel elements to the same number episode in the first season. Such as the latest episode Dirk went to Wendimore, while in the first season Dirk went back in time. An earlier episode number had lost in maze in first season, lost in a house within a house this season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
One more episode to go. We know everything is connected, but we don't know how it will wrap up. Will there be another cliffhanging ending?

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I suspect no. And yes.
My thought is they wrap up the connected part, and start something new, too.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I suspect no. And yes.
My thought is they wrap up the connected part, and start something new, too.
Wow! You mean they might end a season the proper way? Close out your story lines and set up a new challenge? Must make American showrunners have seizures.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Wow! You mean they might end a season the proper way? Close out your story lines and set up a new challenge? Must make American showrunners have seizures.
Actually, Max Landis is an American showrunner. This is an American show with British sensibilities done on BBCA.

Is this series related someway to the George Gently series?
Not related at all.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
That was a nice season finale. The two seasons together form a nice story with not too much left over and a view towards the future. I would have liked to have seen Bart see a restored Wendimoor, but other than that it fulfilled my expectations.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Yeah, I'm not happy with where Bart ended up. There really was no reason to send her back so soon. She could have at least seen Wendimoor restored.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Check out Max Landis' final vlog of the season. He does not address Bart not seeing Wendimoor restored, but he says that if it continues it only gets wilder.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just finished watching the second season on NetFlix. Although the extreme violence didn't seem very Douglas Adams-like, I found a lot of other elements very much invoked him. The performances from the actors were all very good, with Bart's actor being a standout in my book. She had to be doing something right to make a sociopathic mass murderer sympathetic and likeable. The storylines in the show were wildly convoluted and imaginative and the dialogue was spot on in its delivery. The delivery of the line where she tells Ken that the Universe is sort of telling her that she should kill him and the look she had while delivering it was memorable.

There were some surprising character turns in this show with Ken's being one of the biggest.

it's really too bad the show didn't get a third season as it felt like it was ready to get even more interesting at the end of the season.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I *loved* Dirk Gentley and am very disappointed it’s canceled. I’ll put Season 1 against any other single season from the last several years — even better than Legion for my taste. And Season 2 showed an ability to evolve the characters and change their alliances and relationships. Bart was amazing, but so was Ken. I really wanted to see the next stage of their “friendship”.

:(

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I *loved* Dirk Gentley and am very disappointed it’s canceled. I’ll put Season 1 against any other single season from the last several years — even better than Legion for my taste. And Season 2 showed an ability to evolve the characters and change their alliances and relationships. Bart was amazing, but so was Ken. I really wanted to see the next stage of their “friendship”.

:(
Sad that it's been canceled. Still have the final four episodes on the DVR. Mini binge coming up.

Apparently to "unique" to survive. :(

em3ry

Auditioning
Real Name
ronald
Easter eggs:

Bart kills the biker gang to protect Dirk.

There is a reason Bart doesnt want to stay in Wendimore. (I'm just a weapon).

Francis is the son of 2 other characters in the series and travels or is sent back in time to the 50's.

Lots of "connections".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks