What's new

Directv video settings (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
My Directv hughes receiver has video settings for brightness,contrast and color. My question is at what level should they be at when you're doing video adjustments in the user menu of your TV set ?...I don't want any major conflicts in video performance when adjusting my TV's settings and my Directv settings...

Darren_T

Second Unit
Hmmm.... I have a Hughs DirecTiVo and didn't realize there were adjustments for this. Mine is an older box though so it might not have it. My thoughts would be to leave them neutral and do all your adjustment at the set.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I’m with Darren. I have an Hughes e86 and did not realize that there were adjustments (does not mean that there are none).

But as I went to a lot of effort to get my TV settings the way I want them, I would not make external changes.

Bob Segno

Agent
Anthony,
I've had direct-tv for about a month now.For me,I plated with both the direct reciever and my 60"mits to try to get the best picture. Also the same with my old sony 32" in the bedroom.Not sure if I did it right as far as what a real tech would do, but the pictures on both are pretty good now.Better than cable.
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks