What's new

DirecTV using a Dish dish? (1 Viewer)

Al Pearson

Auditioning
I just bought a new place and it is wired up for sattelite, Dish Network. I want to use a DirecTV setup, I know I need to point it at 111 deg or so but do I need to change the dish (18') and more importantly the LNB's?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
LNBs for sure, probably the dish too.

These are pretty much available for free for most new DirecTV customers. Tell them you want the Para Todos spanish package and they'll give you an oval dish that will require only a 3rd LNB kit ($8) to get all the HD channels when you choose to upgrade.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I know I need to point it at 111 deg or so
It's currently pointed at 119. Swing it back to the left and up a little to point at 101. The DirecTV receiver will give you coordinates.

If you get up there and find out it is a 20" Dish500, it may still work. Older Dish500s came with two standard LNBs for pointing at 110 and 119. Remove any Dish switches and connect 1 LNB to your DirecTV system. Set the skew to zero and aim. Newer Dish500s have a Twin or Quad LNB. That's two LNBs and the Dish switches built into a single housing. It will NOT work with DirecTV.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks