Directv rebate if you try and cancel?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Troy TN, Mar 3, 2001.

1. Troy TN

Troy TN Stunt Coordinator

I read awhile back some people getting a rebate from Directv on programming if they stay with Directv. Can anyone direct me to what this was? I was thinking of moving Dishnetwork but if Directv has some discount on programming to keep me I may stay. I assume its something I have to ask for when I call Directv. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Troy
    ------------------

2. GaryS

GaryS Agent

The programming credit only works if you are upgrading, usually to HDTV. If you call ask to speak with the Customer Retention Dept. Tell them you are thinking of switching to Dish for HDTV and that Dish is offering a $200 rebate. If you have been a customer for a while then they should match it with a $200 programming credit. You will only receive the credit once you call and activate the new HDTV receiver.

3. Troy TN

Troy TN Stunt Coordinator

Gary,
    That was the information I was looking for. I plan to activate an HD stb soon.
    ------------------

4. Shepherd Abrams

Shepherd Abrams Auditioning

I am a relatively new customer of DirecTV. When I saw this thread five minutes ago, I called DirecTV to try to get the $200 credit. I couldn't do it. But on the positive side, I did get a month of Total Choice Platinum (an $82.99 value) for free! Thanks guys!
    Shepherd