1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DirecTV Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Harnish, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Aaaggghh!!! Just found out that there will be a surprise Xmas present called DirecTV. Unfortunately, though, I also heard that he (my grandfather) is getting it because he thinks you won't get commercials, and he's hopping on the bandwagon, so to speak. Damnit *I* wanted to get it a year ago but did he listen? Nope. It wasn't until three or four neighbors got DirecTV this year that he's decided to finally do it. *sigh*.

That's why I'm asking this stupid question. And yes, I did do a search and couldn't find anything on this issue. While I'm not sure (since I've never had DirecTV), I do believe you *will* get commercials with DirecTV (as you do with everything that's broadcast via television). Is that correct?

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Yes. Commercial TV programming will have commercials.

3. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

DirectTV is no different from cable tv in this regard. Premium channels (HBO, etc.) don't have commercials. Other channels do.