What's new

DirecTV Plus (1 Viewer)

Alex Kuch

Grip
Can you guys give me some information on the new Directv DVR and if it is better that the previous TIVO box. The only thing I have heard is that it has 20gb more memory. I have never had a DVR before and want to know which one to buy before the TIVO unit is gone. (just in case that model is better)

Thanks

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
There are positives and negatives about both. The D* R15 has many of the same features as tivo and 100 hours of recording, plus a few things that tivo owners have complained for years were missing from tivo. Like a meter to tell you how much disk space was left.

The R15 also does not have some features of tivo that tivo loyalists love, like a 30 sec skip button and dual tuner cache memory (useful for watching two live programs at once -- allows you to pause one tuner, switch tuners and watch 2d show, then come back to first tuner and pick up where you left off). Word is that they are working on a software upgrade for the R15 so that it will have the dual tuner cache. There is no clear cut favorite yet.

There is a pretty lengthy review of the R15 here. There is also information regarding the R15 and tivos here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks