1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DirecTV or Voom?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Justin_D, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Justin_D

Justin_D Stunt Coordinator

Here is the situation. We HATE Comcast and are now going to a satelite. We have 2 HDTVs and 2 TVs, but the 2 TVs are close and it would be acceptable to have them both on the same box, thus, same channel. This would, however, NOT be acceptable for the HDTVs.

From what I can tell, Voom can't be beat for HDTV broadcasts. However, DirecTV has the SDTV programming (for example, my mom wants Lifetime and I want G4/TechTV).

Also, as of now, our local stations are ONLY broadcasting HDTV over-the-air. Hence, we will furthermore need 2 antennas (sp?).

From what I can tell, DirecTV also has a larger system, with HDTV PVR, PVRs, a larger consumer base, and company age. Voom, on the other hand, seems to be growing fast, and catering to the HDTV lover.

We will want 2 Premium channels, HBO and Starz!. Both have them and their HDTV channels.

Which system, does it seem, would fit us better?

2. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    well if you ordered voom before today you would have been in on free install and a lock in the current price sceme.

i wish i noticed your post a day earlier, sorry.