DirecTv or Io Digital Cable

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Michael De Costa, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa Stunt Coordinator

After many years of being a DirecTv customer, a recent move has possibly forced me back to cable because of no line of sight for my satellite. Can anyone tell me if they compare DirecTv against digital cable? I was under the belief that the digital cable picture would not look as good as DTV's on my Toshiba 57". Should I still continue to try other options for DirecTV or is digital cable just as good? Thanks for any advice....

2. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

Well, assuming the wiring up to and in your home is good, it'll be as good for most channels. I still hate cable though, not so much because of the service but because most cable companies are evil.

3. Michael De Costa

James, I can't agree with you more. I can't stand cable companies and cringe at the thought I will be helping pay their salaries. Not to mention I have a bunch of Sat. equipment I can no longer use!

4. Michael De Costa

I just got Io digital cable installed today. It's horrible. DirectTv is in another league for picture quality! Even digital cable's HDTV broadcasts were not impressive at all. Actually I thought they too had less quality than a DirecTv image! I had to hook my DirecTivo up to watch some old recordings to quell the pain. I don't care if I have to cut 100 tree's down, DirecTv is coming back ASAP!