What's new

DirecTv or Io Digital Cable (1 Viewer)

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
After many years of being a DirecTv customer, a recent move has possibly forced me back to cable because of no line of sight for my satellite. Can anyone tell me if they compare DirecTv against digital cable? I was under the belief that the digital cable picture would not look as good as DTV's on my Toshiba 57". Should I still continue to try other options for DirecTV or is digital cable just as good? Thanks for any advice....

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Well, assuming the wiring up to and in your home is good, it'll be as good for most channels. I still hate cable though, not so much because of the service but because most cable companies are evil.

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
James, I can't agree with you more. I can't stand cable companies and cringe at the thought I will be helping pay their salaries. Not to mention I have a bunch of Sat. equipment I can no longer use!

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
I just got Io digital cable installed today. It's horrible. DirectTv is in another league for picture quality! Even digital cable's HDTV broadcasts were not impressive at all. Actually I thought they too had less quality than a DirecTv image! I had to hook my DirecTivo up to watch some old recordings to quell the pain. I don't care if I have to cut 100 tree's down, DirecTv is coming back ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks