What's new

DirecTV looking into offering a flat rate streaming service (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As a DirecTV customer that's been with them over 15 years, I would love this flat rate service if it's reasonably priced. DirecTV has been offering a lot of classic films in HD for streaming, but they're charging 3.99 per movie compared to a recently released movie tht will cost you 5.99 in order to watch it. I think that 3.99 per movie for classic films is too high, but a flat rate service if reasonably priced would fit many of our budgets.

http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2011-04/directv-netflix-competitor/

Crawdaddy

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I canceled Directv in February, and told them in no uncertain terms why--their business model no longer works for me. Paying over a hundred bucks a month for hundreds of channels populated by "reality" shows and infomercials makes no sense to me. If Directv wants to start a streaming service that can compete with Netflix on price and quality (and by "price" I mean WITHOUT having to pay the monthly satellite fee), that would be welcome news. Maybe my long response to their survey got through to them. :)

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
My brother has DIRECT and when I was staying with him over the holidays in December I was shocked to see the 1936 WB Bogart film BLACK LEGIION available in 1080p! There were some other vintage WB films on there as well.

Crawdaddy, have you sprung the four bucks and watched any of these? I would love to know how they looked.

And I agree with Robert R. Now that The History Channel has pretty much sold its soul to the reality show devil, I find I watch TCM and FMC, some live sports and that's it. Yet I'm paying for all these other channels I never use on any level. The time for ala carte pricing with cable and satellite TV has come, but I have no illusions about it ever becoming a reality.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Professor Echo

My brother has DIRECT and when I was staying with him over the holidays in December I was shocked to see the 1936 WB Bogart film BLACK LEGIION available in 1080p! There were some other vintage WB films on there as well.

Crawdaddy, have you sprung the four bucks and watched any of these? I would love to know how they looked.

And I agree with Robert R. Now that The History Channel has pretty much sold its soul to the reality show devil, I find I watch TCM and FMC, some live sports and that's it. Yet I'm paying for all these other channels I never use on any level. The time for ala carte pricing with cable and satellite TV has come, but I have no illusions about it ever becoming a reality.

No, I have a hard time clicking the purchase button.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks