What's new

Directv HDTV Receivers and Over-The-Air Signals? (1 Viewer)

WaltL

Grip
Can anyone tel lme which Directv HDTV receivers are actually capable of sending the satellite HD signal as well as the local over-the-air satellite signals?
Thanks for your help!

RyanMM

Grip
Anyone correct me if I am wrong, but all new STBs that decode Sat HD also decode OTA signals as well.
Now a question of my own, do the RCA DCT-100 and the Toshiba DST3000 require you to be a Direct TV subscriber? If they do are there any others that do not?

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Ryan is correct..All the direct tv HD decoder/receivers also can receive OTA 8vsb digital signals..
Both the RCA and toshiba box do not require connection to the satallite for you to receive OTA signals, although you would not be able to get any software upgrades unless you connected to someone you knew for any upgrades.
------------------

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i don't know of any STB that requires you to be a subscriber in order to rcv OTA programming. the Dish 6000 does require you to have a dish pointed at the satellite, but does not require you to be a subscriber.

Seiken Nakama

Auditioning
Hey Ryan,
The DTC-100 does not require you to subscribe to DTV for you to receive OTA HDTV, but it is a good idea to set up the dish initially to receive the latest software upgrades.
-S

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks