DIRECTV HD Receiver/DVR TiVo HR10-250 for $199

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Doug Burress, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Doug Burress

Doug Burress Auditioning

OIn case this hasn't been posted yet, Directv is offering to its existing customers a deal to get a HR10-250 HD Tivo receiver for $199. Its $299 with a $100 rebate. I'm getting a local channel antennae for 50 bucks more. Thats a HD Tivo with local HD antennae for $250. 5 months ago this unit was $1000.00.
    You have to sign a 2 year contract agreement, but I wasn't going anywhere. I also got great deal on HBO for 6 months and I get Showtime for free.
    call directv at 800-600-8977 . This deal is foe existing customers only.

2. Doug Burress

Doug Burress Auditioning

Pardon my spelling in the last post. I'm late for work and was typing too fast.

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    And there is no such thing as an HD antenna. There are UHF, VHF and UHF/VHF antennas. You just get the one that matches with what your local broadcasters are using to send our their digital signal. I've had decent results with a $5 bow tie antenna and just bought a Radio Shack UHF model for $24.

-Robert

4. Doug Burress

Doug Burress Auditioning

Excuuuuusssssee me! Ok its an antenna to pick up the local HD channels over the air instead of from the satellite. Whatever. All I know is I got a HD DVR for a whole lot less than what I would have paid a few months ago. Maybe it will be obsolete someday soon. Who knows, I don't care. You gotta jump in sometime.

5. Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi Screenwriter

It actually is an important distinction because an uninformed reader could misinterpret your post and go buy one of the overpriced "HD antennas" that some companies sell. I also use $5 rabbit ears but have a silver sensor on the way to see if I can get a bit better reception. I took advantage of the hd tivo deal as well. [​IMG] Great deal, but the installers hooked it up using the component cables (as I asked) but stole the HDMI and HDMI-DVI cables that came with the tivo. [​IMG]