What's new

DIRECTV HD Receiver/DVR TiVo HR10-250 for $199 (1 Viewer)

Doug Burress

Auditioning
OIn case this hasn't been posted yet, Directv is offering to its existing customers a deal to get a HR10-250 HD Tivo receiver for $199. Its $299 with a $100 rebate. I'm getting a local channel antennae for 50 bucks more. Thats a HD Tivo with local HD antennae for $250. 5 months ago this unit was $1000.00.
You have to sign a 2 year contract agreement, but I wasn't going anywhere. I also got great deal on HBO for 6 months and I get Showtime for free.
call directv at 800-600-8977 . This deal is foe existing customers only.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And there is no such thing as an HD antenna. There are UHF, VHF and UHF/VHF antennas. You just get the one that matches with what your local broadcasters are using to send our their digital signal. I've had decent results with a $5 bow tie antenna and just bought a Radio Shack UHF model for $24.

-Robert

Doug Burress

Auditioning
Excuuuuusssssee me! Ok its an antenna to pick up the local HD channels over the air instead of from the satellite. Whatever. All I know is I got a HD DVR for a whole lot less than what I would have paid a few months ago. Maybe it will be obsolete someday soon. Who knows, I don't care. You gotta jump in sometime.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

It actually is an important distinction because an uninformed reader could misinterpret your post and go buy one of the overpriced "HD antennas" that some companies sell. I also use $5 rabbit ears but have a silver sensor on the way to see if I can get a bit better reception. I took advantage of the hd tivo deal as well. :emoji_thumbsup: Great deal, but the installers hooked it up using the component cables (as I asked) but stole the HDMI and HDMI-DVI cables that came with the tivo. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks