Directv HD Question HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by dave_brogli, Jun 26, 2002.

1. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Ok, I have a HD monitor (RCA D36120) and the DTC-100 (rca directv) receiver. Right now I only have the round dish..... I still need to buy the elliptical 18x24 dish (but dont have the cash right now) My question is... Right now I am getting the 101W Satellite. I know that HBOHD and HDNET are on the 119W Satellite. Can I disconnect my 101 Sat. and just try and receive the 119 Sat. alone, with just the round dish? If so how? I am to impatient I wanna see my HD now but I dont know if I can do it temporarily with my regular dish? Any ideas.. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    THANKS!!!!!!

2. Frank_S

Frank_S Supporting Actor

I can't answer your question but I would say that the folks on www.avsforum.com can. Check out the HDTV Hardware section. [​IMG]

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    You just need to point your dish at the 119 satellite. To get pointing coordinates go to the "Dish Pointing Page" at DBS Forums or download Dishnetwork's dish pointing utility.
    -Robert

4. JoanPablo_T

JoanPablo_T Stunt Coordinator

I thought he said he had DirecTV? you can always connect an external ant. to the DTC100 and get HD. If someone is transmitting in your area.

good luck!

5. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert

6. JoanPablo_T

JoanPablo_T Stunt Coordinator

cool, something I didn't know!

jp