What's new

DirecTV HD - Local channels (1 Viewer)

SummyD

Stunt Coordinator
Hi. I currently have DirecTV thru their oval multi-sat dish. I plan to replace my current basic D10 receiver with their HD one (H10?). Do I have to install an antenna to get the local HD programming using this receiver?

I am more interested in the local HD content than the HD-package they offer for 10.99/mth. Anybody know if I have to signup for that get the local ones?

Thanks!

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
It depends where you are located, not the equipment. Most markets get their local HD through an antenna. They are beginning to roll out local HD over the satellite this Summer, starting with the 16 biggest markets. I think the markets are listed on the D* website. If you opt to not get the HD pack, you primarily lose Discovery, HDNet, HDNet movies and ESPN HD. I think you would still get the NFL season ticket games in HD if you bought the $100 superfan ($50 for returning season ticket subscribers) package in addition to the $200 it costs for season ticket, even if you don't spend the $11/month for the HD pack, but check with a csr to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks