Directv Card Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by dave_brogli, Jul 1, 2002.

1. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

I just recently got a new Access Card 4 from Directv... they sent it to me after my last one was having problems...... but now my old one is fine. Well Directv sells these cards for 20.00 but I see them being sold on ebay for 100.00??? Why is this, would I be able to sell my card on there to for that price......
    Thanks Everyone

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

The cards you see on eBay for big bux, tend to be older "H" cards which can be programmed to receive all programming (illegally). The newer cards can't (AFAIK) be hacked in this way. If you've had your old card for less than a few years, it's probably not hackable, and not worth much to the pirates.

3. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

Dave,

Your old card will stop working in a few weeks. All the current cards are being swapped out for the new P4 card. Now that DirecTV has sent you your new card, they will deactivate the old one.

4. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Ok I have one card that i got 3 weeks ago, that works fine, then they sent me a replacement identical card (p4) Now I havent activated it yet but I know they want me send the old card back...... this card (p4) does sell on ebay for 100.00 (or around there) What will directv do If i tell them my dog ate or something? Is this illegal ? I know the card is there propert and all?

5. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

DirecTV could charge you ~$300 for the card. The exact figure is listed in your contract with them.

6. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

OUCH!!![​IMG]