Grip
edit

i figured it out they charge you 50 bux for a sat C upgrade kit

mods you can delete this post

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't know what your original post was about but the $50 is not correct. There are a lot of people over at AVS Forums getting the kit for free (+$8 shipping) by calling a D* CSR.

-Robert

Kevin-L

Grip
yes thats if you upgrade your programming you already have

i pay out the ass as it is they wnated me to upgrade to some 82 dollar a month PLUS the 15 bux for the other sat receivers we have and all those stupid taxes im not paying 100 dollars a month for a year just so i can get a lnb for free.

i can get a sat C upgrade kit for 28 bux from a dist of mine so ill just go that route

Joe Cole

Second Unit
I just orderd the sat c kit from Directv for $8+. You only have to add the show time not get the $82 stuff. $10 or $12. The only bad part I see is the one year commitment to shotime. The C channel will probably have all of their HDTV content some day soon.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Joe

Much thanks, for clueing me in

they told me their was no commitment for ST. Are you installing the kit yourself?

Grant

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Hi Grant,

I hope to give it a try. Looks like it is do able for us non experts.

Hopefully the discover channel will be next on the C sat. Or new HDNET channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks