Directv and cable modem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DavidAM, Oct 15, 2002.

1. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I currently have Time Warner digital cable and TW's Roadrunner cable modem service. This weekend I was planning on installing my Directv system and wanted to run my coaxial from the dish to the splitter on the outside of the house so that Directv would be accessable throughout the whole house. My problem is I want to keep Roadrunner. Will Roadrunner and Directv be able to share the coaxial lines running throughout the house? I looked outside the house and I have a coax going in one side and 2 coming out the other side. I'm assuming its one coming in and 2 going out (I guess now that the time has come, I should go trace the wires and find out exactly). I'm sure this issue has come up with many people, so please tell me if I can have Directv and Roadrunner share the same cable or do I need to run the dish coax directly to my reciever. Thanks.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert

3. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

Well, not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the help. I guess I'll have to leave my cable modem running throughout the house and run the Directv coax directly to my reciever. I was hoping the 2 could share the same coax and go throughout the whole house, but I'm never that lucky!

4. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer