Director's Commentary on "The Fast and the Furious" deleted scenes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BarryNS, Jan 4, 2002.

1. BarryNS

BarryNS Stunt Coordinator

I was unable to turn off the banter of the commentary tracks on the deleted scenes on this disc using my Toshiba 4109 changer. No matter what sequence I entered the deleted scene I wished to view (by first selecting the scene, then selection "OFF" for the audio commentary, or by selecting "OFF" before clicking on the particular scene), I always got the commentary track. A bit annoying when I particularly was interested in hearing the deleted Ferrari scene dialogue.

Side note: was at WalMart last night and a "Jane Six Pack" asked the clerk for a VHS copy ..."sorry ma'am we only have it on DVD"

2. John Cavacas

John Cavacas Agent

Barry,

You're not alone. I as well could not turn off the commentary in the deleted scenes. I wonder if this a canadian version issue?

3. Greg_C_T

Greg_C_T Second Unit

I'm having the same problem. I could only turn the commentary off on the first deleted scene (and only when choosing it individually). Pretty annoying as I wanted to hear the improved scene when they're taking the beer break. I'm using the Pioneer DVC503 changer.

4. Bill Zerby

Bill Zerby Extra

mine works fine.

5. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

I had the same problem with my preview copy. I even mentioned it in my review... I was finally able to watch the scenes without commentary on my DVD-ROM.

6. Trav

Trav Extra

Just for the record, I also noticed this problem with Furious on my Sony 5 disc DVD changer. The first deleted scene played fine without the commentary, but then I turned it on to watch the scene again... and the commentary was "stuck" on even when I tried to turn it off on that deleted scene and others.

I have not tried removing the disc (or doing the disc skip) and trying again though... maybe that would work?

Travis

7. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Same here, couldn't turn it off.

8. Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan Second Unit

I had no problems watching the scenes without commentary on my Toshiba player. I just selected the play all option (without commentary of course) and they played fine. But I havent played them WITH commentary yet...

9. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

10. Bob Gallagher

Same here. Selected "Play All" with commentary off and worked just fine.