What's new

Director John Singleton Dead at 51 (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Very tragic. Seems odd that he checked himself into the hospital before the stroke and still died from it. I thought there was some time involved with most strokes, where treatment can help. Seems like he would have had the best treatment from the very first stages.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A black director whose career began at a time when there weren't too many of those, an Academy Award nominee, who was equally at home directing dramas and action movies. I don't know that he quite fits the definition of an auteur, but he was definitely a filmmaker with a distinctive voice. He will be missed.

Very tragic. Seems odd that he checked himself into the hospital before the stroke and still died from it. I thought there was some time involved with most strokes, where treatment can help. Seems like he would have had the best treatment from the very first stages.
Sometimes there's nothing that can be done, even when everybody does everything right. A humbling reminder that any of our tickets could get punched at any time.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Everyone rightfully is focused on Boyz N The Hood but Poetic Justice, Rosewood & Baby Boy are really good too. My favorite of his movies was Shaft which was a ton of fun.
I don't think Rosewood gets talked about enough. Those other films you mentioned are good too.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Very sad news. Boyz definitely belongs on a list of films that you don’t soon forget after you watch it for the first time. RIP.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Wow, absolutely awful news. As many others have pointed out, he was way too young. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and all of his many fans. RIP, Mr. Singleton. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks