What's new

Director George Roy Hill Dead at 81 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Every year it seems like one famous showbiz person dies between Christmas Day and New Years Day. I've enjoyed his films over the years and I hope he RIP.

Crawdaddy

Michael*K

Screenwriter
The Sting, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and Slap Shot are three of my all-time faves. He'll be missed.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
The Sting is one of my favs of all time!! (And needs a decent DVD badly!!)

RIP Mr Hill. You will be missed.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I am not sure if the featurette made it to the dvd uncensored, but his voice over on 25th BCSK LD is hilarious. I almost fell out of my chair when he called RR a "hardnose mick'. He ends it by saying, "if people dont like the movie, I'll go out of my F****** head."
Bye George and thanks very much
Hollywood needs more honest assholes like you

(what a crappy week, 1st strummer now GRH....whose #3?)

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Surprised nobody's mentioned his brilliant adaptation of The World According to Garp, a difficult work to bring to the screen. A shame to see him go; wish he had done more work.

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
He was a wonderful film director. I remember that 'I'll go out of my f***n head' comment at the end of the Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid doc. My condolences to his family.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
R.I.P George Roy Hill. Thanks for all the great movies.

Now he's above the raindrops, I'm sure.

And to answer Grant B's question, George Roy Hill is actually number 3 himself. Number 2 was photographer/music video director Herb Ritts, who died yesterday of complications from pneumonia.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

"Because I'm free...nothing's worrying me."-B.J Thomas, "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks