What's new

Directors DIRECTOR FILMOGRAPHY - The Films of RICHARD BROOKS (1 Viewer)

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
Any one catch the TCM showing of LOOKING FOR MR GOODBAR? At the beginning they called it the premiere showing on TCM. I think the strong sexual content made the powers that be unwilling to give it a dvd release. Also music rights had something to do with it no doubt. Anyway I did record it. Diane Keaton gave a terrific performance. That last scene even today is a shocker.

Last edited:

trevanian

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
GOODBAR, PROFESSIONALS and BITE THE BULLET are among my favorite alltime movies, easily getting top marks. Just wish GOODBAR was available in some kind of decent format (it is just about the only thing I have on VHS besides my wedding video - not that it has anything in common with that.)

I'm also fascinated by WRONG IS RIGHT, which I have on DVD. It is just such a mess, but select moments, like a lot of the presidential stuff, is really good. The source novel is played straight, so I guess Brooks felt NETWORKing it was a way of elevating the material.

BLACKBOARD JUNGLE gets three stars, but I've never gotten through IN COLD BLOOD. Gave up on FEVER PITCH too. Am waiting still on KARAMAZOV till I can read the book, ditto for LORD JIM (though I've heard the central premise of the latter is subverted in the film version, which kind of makes me wonder what the hell it IS about.)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I saw both Crisis and Battle Circus recently, and I enjoyed both immensely. I see they haven't been at the top of anyone's lists but I'm really glad I took a chance on blind buys for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks