What's new

Directors DIRECTOR FILMOGRAPHY - The Films of DAVID TWOHY (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
DIRECTOR FILMOGRAPHY - The Films of DAVID TWOHY

Rank ‘em, rate ‘em, review ‘em or whatever.

[SIZE= 12px]DAVID TWOHY[/SIZE]

A Perfect Getaway (2009)
The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)
Below (2002)
Pitch Black (2000)
The Arrival (1996)
Grand Tour: Disaster in Time (1992) (TV)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Ratings out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

[SIZE= 14px]DAVID TWOHY (1955 - )[/SIZE]

A Perfect Getaway (2009) :star: :star: 1/2
The Chronicles of Riddick (2004) :star: :star: 1/2
Below (2002) :star: :star: :star:
Pitch Black (2000) :star: :star: :star:
The Arrival (1996) :star: :star: :star:
Grand Tour: Disaster in Time (1992)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Grand Tour (***), Pitch Black (***), Below (**1/2). May have seen TA.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Ratings from https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/4/4d/htf_images_smilies_star.gif"> to

[COLOR= #ff0000][b]The Chronicles of Riddick[/b] [/COLOR](2004) (Own the DVD)
[b]The Arrival[/b] (1996)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[rant]"Did not know who he was fuckin' with."[/rant]

The Chronicles of Riddick (2004) :star: :star: :star:
Pitch Black (2000) :star: :star: :star: :star:
The Arrival (1996) :star: :star: :star:
Timescape (1992)
:star: :star: :star:

Rankings

1)Pitch Black
2)Chronicles of Riddick
3)The Further Adventures of Riddick
4)Riddick Begins
5)Riddick Returns
6)Riddick Forever
7)Riddick Rides Again
8)Riddick Go Home
9)Riddick Family Values

Average Rating 3.25 out of 5

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Bill... I was peeking at the 2004 Film List over in Movies and I noticed you gave Chronicles of Riddick a rating of 3 out of 5, while here you've given it a measly 1. hmmm... so I did some more investigating and noticed other discrepancies, the Matrix sequels for instance get high ratings on those lists, while here you've practically dismissed them. It's interesting because I always suspected that some of your low scores here were a sort of... pose, shall we say? ;)

But on the other hand you really did hate Van Helsing.:D

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Speaking for myself, ratings do change over time. My opinions can get better or worse over time through additional thought, reading, or viewings. But there's also a slight arbitrariness to my ratings. It's not like I write them down in a big list that I refer to. I don't look up movies on other ranking lists I may have done here to make sure everything matches.

1. Pitch Black - B
2. Below - C

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member

No posing here, Steve...I leave that for others :)

The 2004 Film List ratings are usually given right after I see the film theatrically, and in the case of Riddick, I was impressed enough with the look and detail of the film even if the plot was an incomprehensible bore.

I have since struggled through the film a second time on DVD and seriously wondered why I was wasting my time. The film is complete rubbish, although it does look good.

I don't have a huge database of film rating to refer to when posting to these threads, they are usually straight off my head at that given moment so if you look hard enough, you will find some discrepancies from one thread to another.

In addition, my film ratings can change over time, hating films I used to love and vice-versa, it's called evolving...you should try it sometime ;)

Oh, and I'm so incredibly flattered that you were reading my old 2004 film list, I'm feeling all fuzzy and warm right now :b

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:laugh: I don't believe a word of it, you're all such a bunch of phonies, wannabe film snobs who just happen to love the Star Wars prequels, for all I know you probably collect all the toys too. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course. Oh well I suppose I'd better get back to my Kurosawa triple bill.;)

Well someone had to read it Bill, otherwise what's it all for? Besides I wanted to confirm what I had suspected all along [evil grin].:D

Actually my take on Riddick was about the same as yours, loved the look and design, rubbish story, but I still enjoyed it enough to give it the same rating you gave it in the 2004 film list.:emoji_thumbsup:

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member

Well...I do like the Star Wars prequels, I just don't love 'em.
Don't own all the Star Wars toys, just some of them (as does Brook), the soundtracks, the DVDs, the original posters, the model kits, the trading cards, the original comic books, etc.

Steve, this imaginary world of yours that is clearly divided between film snobs and film fans just doesn't hold any water.

Everyone knows that the world is divided between those who like films and those who don't... :D

...and then there's George Kaplan....

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
My 4 year old, might have been 3 at the time, got into my stash of sealed Phantom Menace toys and opened all of them :angry: I was thinking about giving them to him anyway since he would get so much more fun out of them than any monetary "investment" I'd get from them, but I was still pretty steamed. Especially since he broke several lightsabers. Than again, I did the same thing to my old Star Wars toys, some of which I still have though for the most part they are minus guns and equipment.

I have Yellow Submarine toys, a Treebeard, Cavetroll, talking Gollum, Universal Monsters, Silent Screamers, McFarlane Movie Maniacs, Wild Things, a big talking Iron Giant, 2 12" Mach 5's (one for me, one for Jesse), Talos from Jason and the Argonauts, Godzilla, Gigan, and a couple of small Totoros. Plus a bunch of SW lego sets though the kids have lost/scattered many of the pieces.

And Mom saved a lot of my old toys, I still have original Star Wars guys, pieces of Micronauts, Transformers, a Battlestar Galactica Cylon Raider, loads of plastic soldiers in various sizes and nationalities, all my old book and "45's" which include Disney, SW, Trek, Planet of the Apes, Batman, horror stuff, etc, etc.

Unfortunately I got rid of all my Star Wars cards (along with ET, Indiana Jones, KISS, Close Encounters, Star Trek, Buck Rogers, etc.)

Heck, now that I've fallen for the Harry Potter books, I need to check out what kind of toys they have for that.

Oh and I have 5-6 "Longboxes" of comics in the basement though I traded by best stuff like an almost full run of the original "Cry for Dawn" for Magic cards in the mid-90's. I would spend whole days playing in Magic tournaments and the like (marital problems ensued). I'm pretty much covered every facet of geekdom outside of putting on costumes and learning languages.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

oooh! What's wrong with George? I have good affinity with George, he can get really picky at what films he wants in his collection, almost as if he's counting how many of each genre or director he needs to have, but generally we have similar tastes, except when it comes to the horror genre, he hates gore.;)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member

Have you ever been to a 3-day Horror/Sci-Fi/Comic Book/Anime/Gaming convention???

I went to my first one last weekend, lots o' fun, spent money (DVDs, poster repros, movie mags, Harryhausen figures), watched movies (2001 Maniacs, What Is It?), meet famous people (Crispin Glover, Clive Barker, Elvira, Elijah Wood, Tony Todd, Ken Foree, Margot Kidder, Gunnar Hansen, Kenny Baker, Matthew Wood, Kevin Sorbo, Adam Baldwin, Marina Sirtis, Linda Park, Tim Russ, Erica Durance, Kim Poirer), saw lots of people in strange costumes and talking Klingon. :D

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I've been to comic book and sports card shows (and was a dealer at a few) back when I was collecting, but no I haven't been to any multi-day conventions even though one of the biggest Dragoncon was in Atlanta last weekend. It's too expensive to get into, like $30 for one day, just for the privilege of buying stuff that I could find online if I really wanted to. And I really don't buy much of anything any more anyway. I don't have the room to display a lot of my toys so I've quit buying them.

I wouldn't mind playing in some of the game tournaments, but usually you have to supply your own copy and I don't own the games anymore since I have no one here to play with.

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
Pitch Black (2000) - 7/10

I hope no one minds that I'm bumping a billion of these threads. I'm almost done, though!

Brian.L

Supporting Actor

ALL RATINGS OUT OF :star::star::star::star::star: (FIVE) STARS

The Chronicles of Riddick (2004) :star::star:
Below (2002)
Pitch Black (2000) :star::star::star:
The Arrival (1996) :star::star::star:
Grand Tour: Disaster in Time (1992) (TV) (as David N. Twohy)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
UPDATED:

[COLOR= #ff0000]A Perfect Getaway[/COLOR] (2009) :star::star::star:

[COLOR= #ff0000] [/COLOR]
Seen 5
Own 2

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Ratings on a scale of * to *****:

1: Below (2002) ***½
2: Pitch Black [COLOR= #ff0000] [/COLOR](2000) ***½
3: The Arrival (1996) ***½
4: A Perfect Getaway (2009) ***
5: The Chronicles of Riddick (2004) **

Own 3

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks