What's new

Directivo digital out not working (1 Viewer)

Oren

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this, but here goes.

The digital out on my Directivo was working fine (connected to a Sony receiver). Then I moved, didn't use the digital out, and had it connected to a Denon receiver (RCA jacks only). Today, I plugged in an optical cable to get the digital out again, but it's not working.

I don't think it's the receiver or the cable, because the receiver and cable work with the digital out on my DVD player.

I can see the red light coming out the end of the cable when it's connected to the Directivo.

I checked the setting on the directivo, and it's set to output digital. I checked the receiver's settings and for the TV/DBS input and it's set to use the optical input. And, no, it's not muted.

So, it's not working and I can't figure out why. Have I left anything out? Any suggestions?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Try one of the inputs that's working with other devices and eliminate one more possibility. Try a different optical cable too, that should wipe out one more possibility...

Oren

Stunt Coordinator
Same result with a different cable, of course. I think the tivo outputs PCM Dolby Digital, but the receiver only speaks AC-3 Dolby Digital.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Inside the setup for the Tivo, there is probably an audio setup screen. Find this and change the output to "bitstream" or "Dolby DIgital". If you cannot find this, list the brand and model number of the Tivo box. The manual might be online and we can help that way.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
DirecTivo manuals are posted at the DirecTV site. It doesn't matter about the brand since they all function the same.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks