1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

DirecTIVO availability?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Golden, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Jim Golden

Jim Golden Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know when DirecTIVO units are going to be available to non-new subscribers? Sheesh! I bought my current unit last Christmas for $99.00. Had I known that these units were going to become such a rare commodity, I'd have bought two!

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

2. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Not sure what you're asking... When I bought my DirecTiVo I've been with DirecTV for a few years, so I added it as a second receiver.

3. Jim Golden

Jim Golden Stunt Coordinator

Dimitry:

All the online companies list these units as "for new Directv customers only." The only unit I found (online), which is available for sale to current Directv subscribers is a re-built Sony for $299.00.

JIm

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    They have stopped producing the DirecTivo. They are gearing up for release of the DirecTivo Series II in Q3 of this year. There's an FAQ over at TivoCommunity.
    -Robert

5. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

I've got a Philips DirecTiVo that I just recently took out of service (moved from my house to an apartment where I can't get DirecTV) that I'd be willing to sell for $99 plus shipping...