What's new

Direct view 32" with controls on TOP? (1 Viewer)

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking about my next TV. My current situation is this - I sit 10 - 11 feet away, and have lived with my Sony KV-27v42 for 3 or 4 years. My new ent. ctr will accept a 36, but that'd be too big and I'd rather put a few more $'s into a smaller set to get better quality.
Also, with a 1.1 year-old running around, top mounted controls like my current Sony would be necessary, absolutely necessary.
A used set in the Minneapolis area like a 32" V-seires Sony is my dream, but they're rare and discontinued.
I don't need flatscreen or even component video. I hate silver chassis sets (No offense). I'm not ready for HDTV yet, and I'll probably get a projector or small RPTV for that anyway, but in a couple years. Under $700 is ideal. Less than $500 is awesome!
Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated, as I've done a ton of looking and haven't found much. :frowning:
- Regards

Randy_T

Stunt Coordinator
Sony is the only manufacturer that I know of that makes a television with "top-mounted controls". You could look at the Sony KV-32FS100. Best Buy has it for $799, but you may find it cheaper from another retailer or online.

Randy T

Randy_T

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry...looking at a picture of the current Sony's, I see that they have moved the controls to the bottom of the set!

Randy T

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
I think that RCA used to make some sets that had top mounted controls. I took a quick look at the Circuit City website and it appears that they still do have a couple of 32" models around $500 with top mounted controls, although it is hard to be certain from those pictures. They look like they may be kind of silver though...

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the RCA F32650 / 32715? may be the only alternative...My only problem there is reliability, but for $500 plus a service contract, I may be ok.

Even if it IS silver.

Thanks for taking the time, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks