What's new

Direct View 16:9 Sets (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
For all the people out there with 16:9 Direct View Sets, how do you like them?

I know the 4:3 picture must be about the size as a 24" 4:3 set, right?

The 34" sony set seems overpriced as usual but how about the Philips or JVC or Toshiba ones?

Are they worth the $1500+??

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I've got the 40" XBR 4:3 Sony. My Widescreen image is actually bigger than the 34" WS set, plus my 4:3, which I watch mostly right now, is a lot bigger than 24".

But I love mine, the picture quality is fantastic. Is it worth the price, who knows? I got my TV for around $1800, I think it cost around $3000. I happened to have a friend get me the employee price. It was worth the $1800 for me, but to some people it may not be worth it.

Just be careful because they are heavy and think about that before you buy them. Moving them is a total pain, especially up stairs.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
the reason i dotn want to go with another 4:3 set is because in the future, i dont want to have theose dumb black bars on the top and bottom.....i would rather have them now on the sides with a 16:9 set and have them go away when HD becomes everything,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks