Direct TV & SAT-HD100

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GaryCT, Mar 5, 2001.

1. GaryCT

GaryCT Auditioning

I just got word that my backordered Sony SAT-HD100 HD tuner has arrived! I'll be signing up for Direct TV and will have the best sony dish installed as well. What channels have the best quality and which have the most programming?
    I'm not familiar with "Cinemax Multimax", any good?
    Is HBO or Showtime best? Is the total choice platimum option overkill?
    Are only certain shows in 5.1?
    Is the quality of HDTV movies from Direct TV better or worse than if I play the DVD (anomorphic dvd) on my widescreen HDTV (pro-610)?
    thanks so much.
    Gary

2. Kent Oberlin

Kent Oberlin Auditioning

Have you been able to try it out yet? I don't know where I can get it. Crutchfield said it is backordered and that there are production problems and my local dealer has not seen it yet. Where did you get it? As for the differnce between an anamorphic DVD and an HD program a prgressive anamorphic signal would be non-interlaced and the 1080i signal would be so that would make a difference. But then again HD has more lines of resolution than a 480p signal so that is a factor too. It will be a fun experiment. Please put up a review of the box as soon as possible! thanks!

3. GaryCT

GaryCT Auditioning

I just opened the box tonite. I have to still need to have a direct tv dish installed. The menu from what I read in the manual is very easy to get around and looks good too. It has a nice remote. I may be a few weeks before its all hooked up. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
    Gary