What's new

Direct TV question (1 Viewer)

I just got all the new hd stuff from DTV.. I love it. I do have one question though. On my non-hd receivers my sig strength is like 93, but on the hd unit the signal strength is like 63-65, and when looking at the same sat as the non hd receiver the signal is about 74. any suggestions?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The scale is relative and not absolute. Each model seems to have it's own "Normal" value and can't be used to compare different units. I assuming you have a version of the H20's and they have always registered about 20 points lower than the older units and it doesn't affect the picture reception. Rain Fade points also happen at a relatively lower number.

If your dish was perfectly aimed before and nothing else has changed you shouldn't have to worry about anything. Just a bit over 80 is the best I was able to get tweaking my dish with the H20 even though it easily measured 95-99 on my older unit. If you are measuring in the 60's, it's possible you have some room for tweaking though since most people seem to report high 70-low 80's on the stronger transponders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks