What's new

direct tv/over the air-switching question (1 Viewer)

CaryC

Auditioning
I have a Sony HD200 Hi Def reciever and I cannot figure out how to switch from the dish to the o.t.a. antenna. I have verified my hookup per the Sony manual and cannot get an o.t.a. picture. Can anyone help me out?

MikeM

Screenwriter
Hi Cary,

I have the same HD receiver. Just be sure that you have both the sattelite and Over The Air antenna cables properly connected in the back. Then, in your setup, go to: Setup > Auto Program. This will automatically scan for three "sets" of channels, DirecTV, Cable, Antenna. (If you don't have cable TV connected, then bypass the scan when prompted on the screen.)

Then, to get TV guide data, go to:
DirecTV > Initial Setup > Channel Setup

This will allow you to enter the over the air channel data into your guide.

Again, you have to make sure your UHF/VHF antenna is setup correctly in order to receive them.

If you need more help, feel free to email me.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Oh yeah, once setup properly, you simply pull up the guide, favorites, or manually enter in the digital channels to see OTA HDTV. For example, manually enter in 5.1, 7.1, 2.1, etc. depending on your HDTV channel availability.

CaryC

Auditioning
Thanks Mike! I had overlooked the "add local channels" menu,duh! Anyhow, all is well now. Thank you for your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks